Good Diet to Keep Healthy

Postby Judi Potts » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Trying to keep physically healthy with an SCI can be helped a lot by eating a healthy diet. Yes everyone knows this, but NOT DOING it is the thing that stops us from living healthier lives.

Eating healthy will aid in weight control, bowel health and general wellness. It really isn't hard to do, it just takes some determination to make a change. Don't try to change everything at once, maybe cut out just one unhealthy food one week at a time. That way you won't find yourself craving.

Consult a dietition (through your GP or local Community Health Centre) who will help you with what kind of foods that would be more appropriate for you. They would also be able to help you find simple and easy ways of preparing healthy food.

You'll find that eating healthy will not only improve your overall wellbeing but will save you a lot of money because those takeaways can end up costing you a fortune. Cooking for yourself you can make more than you need on the day, freeze the rest for another day, this will save you money in the end.

Good cooking!!
Judi Potts

Re: Good Diet to Keep Healthy

Postby VITILIGO Miracle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Eat healthy: eat three whole meals on a daily basis. For your meals, you wish one thing healthy which fills you up so you do not get hungry once more for an extended time. you would like to conjointly create healthy selections like consumption whole wheat bread or whole grain bread rather than bread and rice rather than rice. Cut all food. they're dangerous for you and cause weight gain quick. Cut nutriment as well! If you get hungry in between your three meals, eat a chunk of fruit/vegetable, low-fat food, skim milk, or beverage. they're all sensible and healthy and can burn fat. likewise as consumption healthy, mix with exercise and you may lose the load healthfully and simply. Diets do not add the long haul. once you consume insufficient , or deprive yourself of sure foods, you're conjointly not obtaining the essential nutrients. that is why everybody gain the load back and additional in diets. Diet's ar a concept for fail. INstead, simply specialize in consumption healthy. you may feel higher, look higher, and perform higher. decide on a healthy mode, not a obesity diet. that is however you thin and keep it off permanently.

Re: Good Diet to Keep Healthy

Postby Dagwood » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:21 pm

Like many quadriplegics I've found it very difficult to lose my spare (tractor?) tyre. On a nutritionist's advice I thought I was doing all the right things and was eating less and less, but after twelve months I had lost just ONE kilogram. Then, on the basis of results I've seen in some friends, I went on a combination of two eating regimes (we're not supposed to use the word diet any more) that are getting better results. I'm on the 5/2 regime, which means I eat only five days a week and starve two days - well actually I'm allowed to eat up to 600 calories, but that's not much. The nutritionist said that can't hurt me provided the two days aren't consecutive. The other eating regime is the high protein very low carbohydrate regime. So on the five days I enjoy eating well, but forgo the pleasure of much bread, potato, rice, pasta, sugar and the like. This way of eating is controversial (something like the Paleo diet) and I'm no nutritionist so you might want to check with your doctor before you try it. But after only six weeks on this combination I've notched my belt three holes tighter.
Dagwood

Return to How to Keep Healthy