- What happens to the spinal cord after injury?
- Recovery and early stages of rehabilitation
- How do I move?
- Your bladder and spinal cord injury
- Your bowel and spinal cord injury
- Your skin after spinal cord injury
- Sexual health and spinal cord injury
Your bowel and spinal cord injury
Most of us never think about ‘doing number twos’, let alone talk about it! It is one of the most important daily activities we undertake and if it happens at the wrong time it can really spoil your day. Spinal cord injury can have a big impact on your bowels, but taking the time to establish a reliable routine is worth it for your quality of life.
This section covers how your bowel works and the changes that occur after spinal cord injury.
Have a look in How to Keep Healthy>>Bowel care where there is information to help you with good bowel management.