Income support & funding


If you have a spinal cord injury caused by a motor vehicle, the TAC will be your insurance provider. The TAC pays for treatment and benefits for people injured in transport accidents.


Centrelink is the government body which administers funding to those in need. If you have a spinal cord injury you may be eligible to receive a benefit through a Centrelink office.

WorkSafe Victoria

When you work, your employer has to pay into an insurance fund. This means that if you experience an accident or trauma at work, you are covered by insurance.

How to access funding for care if under 65 years old

If you are under 65 years of age and you need assistance to complete daily tasks such as showering and dressing, or getting out into your community, you may be eligible to apply for funding assistance from Disability Services.

Funding for equipment

It can be quite confusing to navigate through the funding options and processes required to obtain equipment and other essential supports after a Spinal Cord Injury.