Postby vwhoon » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi Guys,

Can someone make a recommendation for a travel insurance company to someone who has a pre-existing injury (quadraplegia). And what the cost is roughly ???

thanks again.
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:45 pm


Postby emmarah » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:44 am

Hi guys,

I am having heaps of trouble finding travel insurance. I don't have a spinal cord injury, but I have degenerative disc disease which has required 2 operations. I've found some English companies that specialise in travel insurance for spinal & neurological injuries ( ... Spinal.htm), but I'm not sure if they can insure Australian citizens?

If anyone knows of any Australian companies that will insure spinal pre-exisiting medical conditions, please let me know! :D


Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:40 am


Postby Spinal Hub » Tue May 07, 2013 2:52 pm

This response was sourced from AQA.

Generally if you are funded (e.g. TAC/Workcover) you go with your regular insurance then get funding body to chase extra pay through:
- your private insurance, add travel
- air carrier you're travelling with extra insurance special needs
- or other private insurers

If you are not funded try:
- Comm Travel Insurance (part of Comm. Bank)
- Arrivis:medical equipment, have travel - 03 9329 1255
- Cover More insurance 1300 72 88 33
- HBF in WA on 1300 289 423 or
- QBE travel insurance 1300 555 031
Spinal Hub
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:36 am

Return to Transport & Travel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest