Funding nightmares

Postby Jo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:07 am

My family is needing some bright ideas about where to go for funding for my Mum. She has C4/C5 quadriplegia and because she acquired her injury as a result of a Golden staph infection and she was 67, she doesn't qualify for any publically funded equipment. Any ideas of grants/funds/loop holes/strategies would be very much appreciated. She lives in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. :?
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:03 am

Re: Funding nightmares

Postby Lynne Panayiotis » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:37 am

Hi Jo,
the are many philanthropic organisations that can assist with funding. You can visit to get some ideas. For specifically spinal you can try the "Robert Rose Foundation" at ... oundation/.

Of course you can try locally. I know that local Lions Clubs or Rotary Clubs often provide money for locals who require assistance.
Also the is "The Arthur Marsden Whiting Sympathy Fund" which is for medical equipment.

Lastly you can try within government.

For all of these you will be required to complete a written submission. A social worker at your local community health centre can assist you here. Ask your GP to refer you.

I hope this helps.

Lynne Panayiotis
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Funding nightmares

Postby bungeet » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:56 pm

SWEP (State Wide Equipment Program) provide funding for all sorts of things - Check with your local GP or Physio or OT or Community Care Centre. Archicentre will do an assessment of your mums home and suggest renovations/modifications to help her maintain her independence and provide a report which includes information on where you can obtain loans etc. Good luck, and she is lucky to have you looking out for her.
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:23 pm

Return to Support, Equipment & Funding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest