WorkSafe Victoria

When you work, your employer has to pay into an insurance fund. This means that if you experience an accident or trauma at work, you are covered by insurance. Worksafe is a government body which manages this insurance and also works with employers and employees to prevent injury at work.

Injury and claims[edit]

If you are injured at work, WorkSafe will provide you with a range of benefits, for your whole life if required. They do this regardless of who was at fault when the injury occurred. Benefits can include:

  • weekly compensation
  • ambulance transport
  • hospital treatment
  • medical and paramedical treatment
  • attendant care and home help
  • lump sum payments.

Safety and prevention[edit]

Worksafe is also responsible for improving workplace safety through information and education, incentives, enforcement, investigations, prosecutions and penalties.

Contacting WorkSafe[edit]

If you have sustained an injury as a result of a workplace accident, the first thing you will need to do is lodge a claim. This will make sure your medical treatment costs related to your work injury are covered and you receive any other benefits you are legally entitled to.

For general enquiries contact WorkSafe's advisory service. Phone: (03) 9641 1444 or 1800 136 089 Email Website