Centrelink is the government body which administers funding to those in need. If you have a spinal cord injury you may be eligible to receive a benefit through a Centrelink office.


Centrelink was established in 1997 as a statutory Australian government agency. Their job is to support people in need through providing a variety of social security, education and training, youth, student and employment services.

Centrelink assists many people with:

  • Sick, injury or disability payments
  • Carer payments
  • Concessions
  • Jobseeking
  • Student allowance
  • Rent Assistance

Centrelink supports people in a range of situations and may be able to offer assistance and support to you or people who are taking care of you.

Go to the Centrelink Website to learn more.